Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Go for launch!

Hello, and welcome to JD's Wild Cardz!

This being my first post, I should tell you a little bit about myself, and about this blog and what I envision it to become.

Well, for starters I am 32 years old and live in or around Portland, Oregon. As time goes by I am sure my personality will come out in my postings, so I will not bore you with the details, just keep reading!

This blog is being created around the interest of collecting baseball cards. A few points to add to that...

1) I am a rookie collector (the last time I even thought about cards was when I was eleven, and back then I had no idea what I was doing and somehow ended up gathering a bunch of Mike Greenwell and Kevin Mitchell cards...nuff said.

2) I am not a nieve collector...I have had a growing passion for the sport of baseball and consume myself with my MLB package, my MLB video game, play fantasy baseball, and now my MLB card collection. I understand the players well enough to know who is more valuable than others, and the value of short run cards, special inserts, etc...so please dont try to peddle any more Greenwells on me!

3) Who is JD? He is my newborn son, Jacoby Dustin...yep, THOSE guys. I suggested it to my wife in humor and much to my surprise it grew on her pretty quick and there ya go! Your first little piece of info on me...I am a Red Sox fan (left coast fan to be exact), but...

4) I am also an objective fan, so I appreciate the game as a whole and dont consider myself to be a homer. I have learned that in Fantasy Baseball, sometimes you do need a Yankee or Ray on your team to be competitive.

5) I want to LEARN! I am absolutely amazed by the knowledge and the kindness of those who collect cards and I am looking to soak in your knowledge on the subject and help guide me with my collection. Ultimately, these cards will all go to my son some day, so I want to get started in the right direction and also be able to teach him when he is old enough (I already purchased a Jacoby Ellsbury and Dustin Pedroia Rookie card for his room :)

So where do we go from here? One of the reasons that I am starting this site is because I have visited several other card collector blogs and have been amazed at the details, the community, and the generosity of those that visit the site. I would really like to be a part of that community. Please take the time to peruse my site and drop me a comment to let me know you are out there. All advice and ideas are welcome.

Well, on to the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment