Thursday, September 10, 2009

2008 Heritage Packs 5 and 6

Thursday is near an end and I owe you all a pack rip from yesterday as well as today. I am happy to report that I have stuck to one pack a day for the last 6 days and it has not been so bad. I am definitely still liking this series and pondering chasing after it. Here are the results...


Lance Berkman - Besides Berkman's impressively consistant numbers, what really jumped out at me about his consistant number of games played each year, averaging right around 155 ( minus an injury year in '05)




Little Pony - A lot tougher looking card than his 2009 counterpart.



Ahhhh, Dragon Slayer! I love how this card mentions his victories in the NLDS and NLCS...no mention of his performance in the World Series though?




RAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLL. Glad he is in the NL now, every time I went up to Seattle to watch the Sox, he and Sexson killed them every time.



Yorvit and Big Z....



A clearly alienated Rich Hill showing the effects of the 100 year curse. And my (hit?) of the pack is a retro Orland Cepeda flashback from Seals stadium.


Pack #6

Cripes, A Yankee right out of the shoot! He is a shortprint though, of course.


Eric Chavez - Looking at his stats, nothing TOO dramatic jumps out, but he had a nice little run from 1999 to 2005 (with some scattered bad years). His balky back is most likely going to derail a good, solid, but unspectacular moneyball run.


Continuing with a Bay themed pack, we have Nate Schierholtz...his bat has gotten really quiet in the last month or so after catching fire, but he is an every-day player with a wild-card contender, and that is nothing to sniff at. Am I the only one pulling for SF now that the Barry circus has left town?
Zach Greinke - Borderline phenom. I have a few of his cards but he is fringe on my collection radar at this point. It would really help if he could get on a decent squad.




Juan Uribe and Michael Bourne. I really like Bourne and think he is a rising talent. He has stolen over 5o bags this year and has helped boost my fantasy team into a probably 1st round playoff win. Even tougher about his position is negotiating that grassy knoll in center field. Sometimes successful, sometimes not...always entertaining.



Andre Ethier - Carving out a nice little niche in La La Land.
Fidel Castro News Flashback! Smoke em if you got em!

So one lonely pack is all that remains of my little experiment. I have another $16 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. What should I open next week? Cast your opinions and I will take everything into consideration as I slide on in to the hobby shop or Target this afternoon!












2 comments:

  1. Mike, should you pull Aaron Hill or Chipper, please keep me in mind! Let me know if you decide to collect this one. I have a complete set of base cards without the SPs.
    Good Luck! If you decide to trade your refractors, check out the Mojo Hand, he collects them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chipper and Aaron Hill...got it! We'll see what I purchase today, but I still have at least a pack to go on these.

    ReplyDelete