Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Target Goudey vs O Pee Chee battle.

This morning I woke up and decided to take advantage of our hot weather and stain the deck. I know, what else would you do on a holiday weekend, right? Well, I needed a decent paint brush so I headed out to Target. I decided to brush by the baseball card section and against the advice of many, bought a few single packs of O Pee Chee and Goudey 2009 and maybe hit a couple Red Sox or pitching phenoms. If people go through and feel the packs I figured at least with these series there are no thick memorabilia cards, so my chances of a decent pull were..decent.




I'll start with Goudey. I bought two of these packs, and when I got to the second pack the first thing I noticed was a blank piece of cardboard with a little square cardboard disc attached...almost like an anti-theft device or something. Anyways, this pack turned out to be a beauty.../ I added this one in there just to prove that Johnny Damon will continue to haunt me for the rest of my life. Seriously, I could wallpaper and room I have so many "bad" johnnys now.


This is more like it. Little Pony is my first Red Sox pull of the pack. Believe it or not, this was NOT part of the massive Red Sox haul the other day, so a nice little addition.



Also a new addition, this is a blue bordered 4 in 1. I also pulled a 4 in 1 of Young,Kinsler,Uggla, and Ramirez out of the same pack.





Then came a Matt Kemp mini. Relax, I did not pull the numbered cut you see here. Still, a niclittle mini looking for a dodger fan.


Then came "tickle fight" Ken Griffey Jr. These cards are certainly a bit strange, but this SP does commemorate 600 hr's, so it is a nice little pull.


What a pack!


O Pee Chee massively less intersting, but that does not really surprise me as I have not really enjoyed any of the packs of these I have bought so far. I did get a couple decent pulls though:











Evan Longoria Face of the Franchise. Tru dat.


This is without a doubt the dumbest idea for a card I have ever seen and the 1 cent opening bid in Ebay sounds about right. One of these days I will do a top ten most ridiculous cards in my collection, and Michael young is currently the front runner.

Everything else was fairly typical. No phenom pitchers today, but I cant really complain about about what I got out of 10 Target bucks. But using the 2 dollar off o pee chee blaster coupon in the future is most likely not a probability. Goudey wins hands down.


No comments:

Post a Comment