Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bamboozled!

Well, bad news to report. Seems that my 2 box ginter lot presell on ebay turned out to be too good to be true, as when I checked in on the shipping status this afternoon, I learned that the seller was no longer an ebay member, nor was his contact email address active, nor was my purchase ever shipped. About the only part of this transaction that did work was my 150 bucks being transferred away from me and not refunded!

Sucks. Looks like I was right after all about not trusting Ebay, and now I have paid the price and will have no two box lot of Ginter. At this point I have one box coming from Dave and Adams, and THAT IS IT. Very sad indeed. Out of my lonely box I will probably pull Billy the Marlin. Suck.

4 comments:

  1. Contact eBay about this, there are some steps they can take to try to get you your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! Sorry to hear about that.

    Did you pay with a credit card via PayPal? If you did, you can always do a charge back thru your CC company and file a complaint thru paypal. Pretty much for any purchase over $50 I always pay by credit card for this very reason.

    I hope you can get your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Blowout and Atlanta Sports cards for $74 a box. Then you can still get two for $150.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damnit, I had a feeling that was going to happen. Presells through eBay are shady, unless the seller has TENS of thousands of feedbacks.

    ReplyDelete