Monday, June 22, 2009

Priceless Red Sox Have Arrived

Being a new collector on the Blogosphere, and also being a Red Sox fan puts me pretty low on the pecking order when it comes to acquiring Sox cards. As i started out this hobby I knew that I wanted to complete some sets, but didnt really know what I wanted beyond that. It came to me at one point that I wanted to collect not just Red Sox cards, but cards from the 2004 team that I will never forget.

Along came Joe from The Priceless Pursuit, and left the first ever comment on my blog. He mentioned that he had some Sox cards, absolutely wants to puke at the sight of them, and will get them over to me ASAP. After the Red Sox once again swept the Yankees, he made sure it was AAASAP. I wish I had a scanner, because I dont think I can find these photos online. I promise to get a scanner soon, but basically I was sent back in time with images of Varitek, Manny, Trot, Johnny Damon sans caveman, but not corporate man, Petey, Youk, Papi, Bill MUUUEEELLER, Kevin Millar Shea, and also a fantastic Clay Buchholz A&G Rookie. Okay, Clay wasnt there, but it is a great drawing. The best card is Tek holding up that trophy, man it gives me goosebumps. I love that team.

Outstanding, Joe, and much much appreciated. Of course now I need to go and buy more three ring sheets, which will cut into my new "Priceless Pursuit" weekly budget! Thanks a million, and let me know if you ever need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment