Thursday, June 25, 2009

History of the World, Part 2

Day 2 of the Lengendary hunts was a resounding success, as you may notice several PENDING slots on my wish list. My wife shakes her head and says that I have gone from a pack buying junkee to an ebay junkie. What can I do though? I am on a mission with this series and gotta git going while the gittins good! Plus I am getting pretty savvy with the ebay and learning when to bid and how much as well as looking for lots where they can combine shipping. In a perfect world I would be able to just trade with the bloggers for these, but it does not seem like that many of you are collecting them, so either way works for me. There were several purchases yesterday, but I will just select a few:

Christoper Columbus in his feathered-hair, and Seinfeldian pirate shirt.


Was present at the Boston Tea Party in 1773, and well as being the "Midnight Rider" for the Battles of Lexington and Concord. "One if by land, two if by sea" if I am not mistaken. Watching historical battles with the British, I was always amazed how the British simply fell in line and waited to get slaughtered. Did you ever see "Last of the Mohicans"? Magua tore those dudes up!

Signed the Declaration of Independence. It's actually a really nice signature too. I should find this guy and see if he will sign his card.



Francis Scott Key: Lawyer, Poet, wrote The Star-Spangled Banner", Rocked a white bow-tie, and kinda looks like Dr. Who.

Jacoby Dustin- CEO and President of JD's Wild Cardz. Accomplished cow wrangler by the age of six months. Future Olympic swimmer (check out those feet, folks!) and know Kendall Gill destoyer! Most recent achievement is throwing up on me TWICE this morning while giving a goodbye hug. One per shoulder...truly an ace marksman.
More to come. Please let me know if you can help with the short prints as well as the 9 or so commons that I have listed on the sidebar!




No comments:

Post a Comment