Monday, August 31, 2009

10,000 Contest!


Woo-Hoo! I woke up this morning and checked in on the ol' blog and was excited to see that the odometer has rolled over another notch and JD's Wildcardz has officially served it's 10,000th customer!
It's amazing how far this blog has come in the last few months, and it has been an absolute blast! I originally started this blog to give myself the opportunity to soak in the vast knowledge from the talented blogosphere. I came in to the hobby very much a greenhorn, and have learned many valuable lessons regarding the different products available, the addiction of ripping packs, and the black hole that can become your savings account if not careful. I have definitely taken my lumps and have formed a better strategy for the 2010 products.
But the positives have far outweighed the negatives...I have met some great friends through trading and collecting chatter. I have enjoyed creative writing and have tried to make the blog as enjoyable as possible, but throw in an occasional dud just to keep you on your toes! For the most part though, I try to use my site to help cards find their way to the right homes where they will be appreciated. I am always open to trade offers, so keep checking in for the latest additions to the trade block!
But back to the title. Contest? What's that you say? In celebrating the odometer rollover, I would like to do a giveaway for you. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment (a clean comment) so I can enter you into the drawing. No need to follow my blog (though the little pictures are pretty neat), or tell others (if you did, wouldn't that decrease your chances of winning anyways)? If you are here, then you are obviously a reader of my blog and YOU are the ones that I want to win!
I will accept entries through noon tomorrow and do the random.org drawing during my lunch. Please make sure your comment links to an email address so I can contact you if you win!
The prize?
A hodgepodge mailer that will include...
1)U-pick 25 Topps 2009 Chrome (I will update my list tonight with what I have available)
2) A random, mystery relic card
3) A selection of your favorite team's cards. You name the team and I will see what I have!
Good Luck!

28 comments:

  1. Congrats on 10K! I would love to enter your simple giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always lose these things but I'll enter anyway. Maybe I'll post that you're definitely NOT having a contest, so no need to check in until late Tuesday or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a good time collecting with your son when he gets old enough. That's something I'd like to do if/when I have a son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone! Sounds like a simple and cool contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you sir! Please sign me up for your contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of customers. It would take over a day of nonstop counting to reach that number.

    ...I think.

    Oh wait, stupid me read that as 100,000. So it would take, umm... a while. Not a full day though, unless you counted really slowly.

    and I'm rambling. Contest sounds awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the milestone! I'm always willing to try contests, especially those that don't require I actually know anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Count me in on the contest! Great job with the blog so far, accomplishing things like: 10,000 views or hmmm, cracking the Allen & Ginter code are very hard to do and you should feel great about it! Thanks, Drew

    ReplyDelete
  9. count me in! i know i counted for a few of those clicks towards 10,000!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and count me in for your little giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ni era ew-rekcarcedoc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, here's to adding another 0 to the odometer...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Put me down please...!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome. Congrats and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the milestone. Good luck everybody!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! This is the best kind of contest...no brain power required!

    ReplyDelete
  17. kudos sir! Please add me to your random list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on reaching a milestone...soon 10K will seem like a small number!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! It's fun to read. Let's mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!! I just put my blog up Sunday and hope to join the 10,000 club one day. I really enjoy reading the start of your blog up til the most recent posts. Keep up the Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. do the most recent posts suck? :) kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice 10,000 hits is a great milestone to accomplish

    ReplyDelete
  23. 10,000 hits....wow.

    I really hope one day to get half that many on my side.

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete