Thursday, October 1, 2009

Collection of a Different Kind

As I have mentioned in a few posts, Google pretty much is running my life for the next 11 weeks. It surrounds all of my activities. So as it happens, I was searching all over the house for a book I read on Google a couple years back. I searched my closet in the man cave and stumbled upon this:
I remember starting this book way back when the fancy little commemorative quarters starting to come out. My Grandma used to send me a new quarter each time she went to the bank. She would tape it into an card with a bird on the outside. I always knew that a bird card meant a new quarter.

Well, as soon as I moved out of my apartment I packed up this book as well as all of the quarters in it. My Grandma is still out there, but for some reason or another she eventually stopped sending the quarters. I must have forgotten to send a thank you card or something.

Well, I opened up the book and surprisingly, I have MOST of the quarters but am missing several of them. I was hoping that the blogosphere might take a look into their coin piles to see if you might have any of the following states:

California, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii.

I know this is an odd request, but I am a set collector after all! I will be happy to help you find some cards in exchange for some cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment