Saturday, September 26, 2009

2009 Heritage Set...



Man, my skills with MS paint are absolutely horrible. For the life of me I could not figure out how to drag the DONE symbol on top of A-Rod dumb face without having a massive white block around the image. It was going to look really dramatic and it was going to make eyes weep. But not, we are left with two separate images that don't quite tell the story. Oh well :) I am sure that you have connected the dots by now anyways.
So I received a package the other day from an eBay vendor that had sold me a few cards. We got to emailing and he found out that I was very close to completing this set. As luck would have it I needed 11 more short print cards, while I had exactly eleven duplicate short prints in my collection. I was completely thrilled when he offered to swap out the 11 I needed for the 11 I have! He also had the elusive #28 Nick Markakis, the final base card need. So after a long journey, this Heritage set is complete, and is without a doubt the set that I am most proud of finishing.
Really though, this has been made even more humbling by the fact that so many of you contributed to this project when I announced it on August 8th. Many of you were completely willing to send anything you had to contribute to the set, whether it be just a few cards, or a whole lot of them. In the end it all added up, and after a few tricky negotiations, the elusive short prints fell into line as well.
I can't you all enough for helping to compete the project. This box is stuffed to the brim and is now closed as put away for a long time. I hope to pay it forward where I can, so if any of you have any projects that you wish to work on, please contact me and I will contribute where I can.
Thanks again!

7 comments:

  1. You couldn't find that Markakis cause I have 137 copies, just myself... personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm jealous! I've been working on completing my set for a long time...but I'm still missing a boatload of short prints. Congrats on completing the set though, it's an awesome feeling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you for finishing it, but I can't believe that you had been holding 11 short prints all this time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is MSPaint deficient.
    If you ever figure it out, shoot me an email...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! That's AWE... what for it ...SOME!!!!

    It took me two minutes to figure out the MS paint thing - I usually use photoshop - Just uncheck Draw Opaque in the Image menu and then drag the Done image over the box of cards - you get a little white outline but I think you'll get the look your after

    ReplyDelete
  6. jiminy troll, i posted about those short prints about a month ago!

    ReplyDelete