Thursday, June 18, 2009

Triple-A All Star Game is Coming to Town.


So I just realized today that the AAA All Star Game is going to be held in Portland, Oregon this year on the 15th of July. Typically I am not much of Triple A guy, simply because the atmosphere is a bit shotty and it is too hard to keep track of who the heck these guys are. Another gripe is that a few years back, the Portland Beavers were absolutely tearing it up with guys like Jack Cust, and Chase Headley leading the way. Well, it just so happens that the Oakland A's and the San Diego Padres were also tearing it up, and proceeded to yank Portland's best players just in time for the AAA playoffs. Portland got stomped. I feel really bad for the fans that stick with the local team, only to have the carpet pulled out from under their feet when it counts the most.


But I could see myself really enjoying this game. The best of the AAA, just waiting to get called up. It is also a great opportunity for some autographs and I should have decent access to the players at the fan fest event. I am not sure when they announce the teams, but will have my cards on standby for when they do.


If you have a favorite rookie and are looking for an auto, let me know. I obviously can make no guarantees, but am willing to try for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment