Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tek-nically speaking...

...this will be the end of the road for Jason Varitek, longtime captain and veteran backstop of YOUR Boston Red Sox. Tek-nically he is still on the team, but the odds are looking mighty stacked against the mighty captain returning to the team next season with guys like Martinez and Saltelamachia (sp?) in the wings.



I can't help but get a little misty-eyed at the end of an era. This became even more evident when I watched ESPN's "four days in October" the other night which did an excellent job on chronicling the Red Sox historic comeback on the hated Yankees.



It's hard NOT to love that 2004 team, no matter who you root for, that was an amazing story full of stories within the story. Drama at it's best and an unforgettable experience. Tek was right in the middle of it that season...and up in A-Rods face as well.

Should this be the end of the road for Varitek, I thank him, wish him well, and hope when he does choose to retire that he will return to the Red Sox in some sort of coaching position.

2 comments:

  1. Here's what kills me. I love T206 whenever I see them posted on the blogs, and I mean the minis, but I hated the packs. The stupid fat bronze cards, and all the regular sized stuff made no sense.

    Ok, end of my rant, but seriously, it's a nice looking card, that Tek T206.

    I'm still not a fan of the Goodwin cards with their backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete