Friday, June 11, 2010

The world watches....

...as I sit at my desk and DVR the opening match between South Africa and Mexico. As I have said before, my goal is to watch the entire world cup, every match, every minute, and soak it all in before it's gone for another four years. I thought it would be kinda fun to journal as I go (thus the italics). For one, I am going stealth with my friends and coworkers that I am interested in soccer, in hopes to avoid the unfortunate slipping of the score. Feel free to comment or ask questions as the weeks go along. I should be pretty well versed in the beautiful game before all is said and done. I will still post regular baseball card blogs as well. They will appear in regular text. See how that works?

Okay, Day 1. As the gods would have it, a cold that I have been fighting off all week is starting to take it's toll and I am pretty much going to take care of some necessities at work and then hit the sofa and rest and catch today's action on a not-so-very delayed basis. The reality has also sunk in that I am pretty much bagging sleeping in on the weekend for the next month. It's not as bad for you East-Coasters, but here in Oregon, game 1 each day starts at a brisk 4:30 am. Woo-hoo! During World Cup South Korea, I was finding myself up at 330 am consuming Totino's party pizzas.

Anyways, not much to report at this point except that Soccer City Stadium looks like an "everything" bagel. mmm, bagel. I am hungry and sick. Gonna bust out some work and then bust out of work. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment