Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mail Day - Zoo Edition!

Uff! I am completely exhausted today after taking little Jacoby to the zoo for the first time today. Really, its not like he is going to remember any of it anyways because he is only eight months old, but he likes to chill in the carriage and people watch, so he had a good time. Our zoo here is Portland is built into a bunch of hills, so there are lots of ups and downs on the paths, and it got pretty tough negotiating a stroller through the Saturday crowds. The weather was mostly overcast and low 70's though, so all in all it was not so bad. Here is a rundown of what we saw: Bald Eagle, Turtle, River Otter, Brown Bear, Sunshine Bear, Polar Bear, Sea Lion, Starfish, Sea Otters, Tiger, Alligator, Zebra, Giraffe, Monkey, more monkeys, even more monkeys, Elephant. Done. 95% of these animals were....sleeping. Yay. I would pay good money to hang out at that zoo in the middle of the night. I bet you see some crazy action at night.

Anyways, I came home this afternoon to my first package of donated Heritage cards for my big project. I am really excited that this project is coming together, and I want to thank all of you for helping me out and for keeping the gum. The cards still smell like gum though. I noticed that the box that I am collating these into is getting stronger each day!

Todays package comes from Justin. Justin was kind enough to help kick start this project and donated 20 some odd cards PLUS took care of one of my few remaining Ginter needs. Justin is a Rays fan and if I am not mistaken, I have a Kazmir Swatch headed your direction! Thanks a lot for the help, just let me know if you ever need anything else from me! Here are a few of my faves...


Mat Gamel. It has been a long time since I have heard anything about this guy, but with the farm system that Milwaukee has put in place, I have no doubt that he is going to be a star. I am really starting to enjoy the backs of these cards, and threw Garko in because he led the AL in HBP last season. I am sure he still has a ways to go to catch Biggio though...just lean into it Garko! Chipper Jones and the Tulo are both short prints, so these are definitely much appreciated.
I am going to be posting dups soon. Inevitably these start to build up and I am getting the itch for another blaster tomorrow, so stay tuned for those of you seeking Heritage cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment