Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jacoby's Treasure Chest

Welcome to a Sunday edition of the treasure chest. I have been enamored with March Madness this year and have not hardly even sat at a computer over the last couple days. The ol' bracket is being pretty kind to me this year, minus the 99% of us that chose Kansas to go deep. I did not choose them to win it all though, so there is still potential for moving up the charts.

Anyways, it has been a very long time since I have pulled a few cards out of Jacoby's box to share with you. So without further ado... Tommy "Gun" Hanson Career Quest (sticker) auto from 2009 Topps updates and highlights. This is yet another example of the great color scheme used by Topps last year. I have been pretty unimpressed with any of the autos from this year's set, and these green cards really glow. 2009 was the year of the "Tommy Bubble" where every card of him has him blowing a nice bubble gum bubble. The only other such blatant image repetition I have seen is the million and a half Koji Uehara Rookie cards. I will never turn down a Tommy Hanson rookie auto though.
Jonathan Papelbon Topps T206. This card found its way east from Beardy and into the treasure chest. Pap is a "unique" fella, and while I am glad he is on my team, I can see where he can rub people the wrong way and his autograph is a pretty good reflection of that as well. I challenge anybody to see where this in any way resembles "Jonathan Papelbon". Oh well, just keep mowing em down Pap.


2008 Stadium Club Johnny Cueto. These autos are starting to feel more and more like a bust, and Johnny is on the brink of either breaking through or breaking down, so I think this season is going to tell a lot about the future of Mr Cueto. In a way though, his career has somewhat mirrored the inconsistency of young King Felix, who looks like he finally turned the corner...maybe. So perhaps the same fate is lined up for Johnny. I prefer to subscribe to that philosophy.
Well, that's it for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Know what never feels like a bust, regardless of player? A jersey card. Timeless.

    ReplyDelete