Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kickin it with Pujols

Friday evening I received my glorious package from Atlanta Sports Cards. Yup, they get linked because they are awesome for getting me my cards much quicker than those other guys. The problem is...because of the great Topps-O-Cuffs Rip Off, I am unable to open any cards until that other guy gets his cards, most likely Tuesday. I found ways to pass the time over the weekend. You saw my unique box bust and screwing around with mini cards, but I also decided to spend a little time with Albert Pujols, the cover model for series 1. Here are some of the fun times we shared...

CEO and President Jacoby inspecting the package for explosives...hits that is....

Here is JD proudly displaying the contents of the package. Jacoby also selected this box, so it will be my competition selection for the Rip Off.
Pujols and I also spent some quality time...


...playing hide and seek. Oh Albert...



...playing a little bit of Call of Duty...




and of course a little snorkeling adventure.
Well, all things going as planned, the Rip Off should start tomorrow evening with the first results postings scheduled for Thursday. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I will let Joseph pick out which box I use, too, those he's still pretty much just randomly flinging his limbs around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just can not imagine my kid being that big in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, his daddy is 6-4 so that has a lot to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! You two seem to have a lot of fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Albert has been busy this off-season.

    He's a cute one. The kid, not Albert. One of these days he's going to really appreciate that treasure chest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Right now he appreciates trotting around the living room with the occasional base card. Those babies go from mint to drink coaster in no time! I think he is going to be a demolitionist when he grows up.

    ReplyDelete