Monday, January 25, 2010

The Joy of a Completed (Varitek) Page

Ha! What do you know? "Dirty Water" kicks on the iPod just as I am writing this post. Nice touch.

It is with equal part joy and sadness that Jason Varitek will be a Red Sox this year. Probably of all the Red Sox that I have cheered on over the years, Tek will go down as my all-time favorite. You would be hard-pressed to find a lot (if any) negative sentiment toward the Captain, who has been the steady anchor of the Boston pitching staff for his entire career.

I am happy to have Victor Martinez on the team...I am, but in my mind this is still Varitek's team. This year is definitely going to be a transition year for Tek, but I have a feeling that he will still find a way to contribute by catching the occasional game, and passing on his knowledge to the young'ns. Tek is in his final year of a two-year contract, so likely this is the end of the road. What better way to send him off than with another ring for that finger! Go Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment