Monday, November 2, 2009

Turkey 9-spot

Between collecting random letter patches of phenoms and getting Google-lash, the Turkey Hunt continues, and I am happy to announce that I am nine cards closer to completing the (final?) 50 cards of the set. I still continue to love these cards...this version....I have seen the version for next year and am a little less than thrilled about the return of the brady bunch wooden wall frames with the munsters Turkey Red Logo. Here is what is new to the folder...

Mad Max and Roy Halladay...young school meets old school. I am pretty curious where Halladays image comes from, obviously spring training SOMEWHERE. I am fascinated with the Washington monument looking tower with the smattering of industrial buildings to the right...where the heck is this photo from?


A couple of Red Sox, Youk and Dice K. Dice-K is currently on Theo's short-leash and had better come into camp ready to go next year.

Class-act Brian Roberts and up-and-coming Alexei Ramirez.


Shin-Soo Choo with the funny tower in the background, and Yunel Escobar.



And ol Mr. Lackey. A guy I love to hate, just cuz he is so good at mowing down my Red Sox. Other than that he is a great talent.


I will update my needs list. Thanks to everybody for helping me inch closer to finishing up this set before I (barf) chase after Topps Heritage High numbers...which I am NOT thrilled about.

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for your eventual attack on the high numbers.

    Let me know if I can help with the TR's. I'm going to continue to buy and post packs of U&H that I likely won't keep.

    ReplyDelete