Thursday, October 22, 2009

I had very few "gotta haves" from Topps Updates and Highlights. I am a big fan of the old-timer short prints, and obviously this was one of the "gotta haves", so I jumped on it when it showed up on the Bay. It arrived this evening.


Without a doubt the Babe is headed to the giant top-loader shoe box next his series one counterpart.

I spent a good deal of time looking at the back of this card. I did a large scan, so if you click on it, you can see all of the stats. I highly encourage you to take a few minutes and just ABSORB what this man did. Some of his seasons are absolutely staggering. Staggering. A beautiful addition to the collection.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...he was ok. Just kidding. I think the numbers that amaze me are the double digit steals and triples he put up in some seasons. That doesn't go with the image a lot of people have of him being a fat sloppy drunkard of a player. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete