Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Wal-Mart run

Yesterday the wife went to visit some family. Also on the agenda was a trip to Wal-Mart! While this may seem common-place to most people, our Wal-Mart is about 45 minutes away from us. Target? We have a ton of those, probably about 5 in a 10 mile radius, but Wal-Mart is elusive. I placed my order for 10 packs of rack packs, in search of my first Wal-Mart exclusive minis.

Needless to say, the overall experience was pretty blah...the packs were obviously already picked over, but regardless, I got some pretty decent inserts out of these packs. Here is a brief summary... Do you know what these are? They are called "cost recovery cards" and you can put these on eBay and they magical turn in to near double-digit funding. it is really remarkable and pulling three of these in rack packs will virtually pay for the entire purchase.



I really stuck the landing on these. These are some of the rarer and nicer CYMTO and the Robinson is an original-back card to boot. Today I will go though and decide my nine to keep. I may go with nine HOF and nine current day players. Oops, missed Doc...
Here is a couple TOTG and a Gold Dodger that Night Owl might be interested in...



And then the reason for the entire purchase...



The Flying Dutchman! One mini-card in the whole set of 10 packs, but a great one. I would have to say that Honus and Walter Johnson are my favorite old-schoolers I am still looking 9 red backed and 11 blue backed if you can help me out! I'll make sure to get all of my available Topps inserts online today to help tempt you...their will be a ton of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment