Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ebay Treasures!

I mentioned a week or so ago that I was on the hunt for a Bob Uecker card to give to my brother, who had mentioned wanting one while we were out at the ol beachhouse. I began to scour Ebay to see what I could locate, and there are definitely plenty available, but I was looking for one of his earlier cards. Yesterday I found a "Buy It Now" seller who I took a stab at and made an offer for a few bucks less than he was asking. For $12.99 I ended up with this beauty...

1963 Topps Bob Uecker Auto. Now you can tell from the image that the card has slight wear in a couple of the corners, but otherwise is a pretty upstanding card for being 46 years old! The seller specializing in selling common base card TTMs and the description states that this was signed at a old timers game in the late 70's. Now obviously you can never truly verify a non-certified auto, but if you take it for what it is, then it will still make a nice keepsake. Either way my brother will be surprised and that is all that matters!

But yesterday I stumbled upon another nice little pickup. As I was searching for some images for my Lunch Break Chrome pack bust (received crickets on that post, hovered near the Mendoza line), I stumbled upon this:


I remember these cards from when I was a kid, and could not resist throwing down the .99 cents winning bid to claim this unopened pack (complete with 29 year old bubble gum!). I figured this would make for a nice trip down memory lane and a nice pack bust blog. I must admit though that I am starting to have a bit of a guilty feeling about cracking this pack open. It is a nice little piece of history from the greatest Star Wars movie, and one of the best Sci-Fi movies of all time. I am going to create a poll on this. Do I crack this pack open?

Addendum to original post: If I crack the pack, do I eat the gum???????

3 comments:

  1. Crack it! Cards were meant to be enjoyed. Plus, I'm curious to see what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I got a good chuckle out of the chrome break, especially the refractor, lol.

    I agree, bust the pack. But you can open it carefully so that you can keep the pack though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be cool to see this one on "A Pack to be Named Later."

    ReplyDelete