Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kevin Millar is Batman

Hi Everybody,

I have been a little lax on my posting for the last couple of days, but I don't want to worry Jaybee that I have hit the wall. Quite the contrary. I will still have plenty to share for a long time to come (though I am going to have to be a bit more creative because with two boxes of Topps Chrome and the outstanding product sheet Jaybee posted for Topps Updates and Highlights, I think I need to hunker down for a bit and save up some scratch for these items. Anybody know the jumbo and hobby box costs for the Updates and Highlights?

I can see myself going jumbo on this one, as the Topps flagship is bar none the most fun I have had thus far with collecting and the relics and autos look great click on Jaybees link above, he scanned the product sheet.

One thing I am a bit miffed about is apparently Topps is going to be releasing 50 more Turkey Reds with the series. This is not necessarily a bad thing because I love these cards...but I was feeling pretty proud of successfully obtaining 1-100 and NOW I won't have the full set once-again. Be prepared for a "Turkey Hunt 2009- Extended Addition" in October when the product releases. We must haves them, my preciouses..

I am also going to be cutting out of here for a few days and heading to the beach to kick it with the family for five days, so the JD blog is going on a brief hiatus. I will be back though and have more greenhorn stories to share soon.

Before I head out, I wanted to share with you the whole purpose of the title of this blog. Joe at Priceless Pursuit and I have been swapping swatches out in the last week. I seem to have this amazing ability to snag Yankee swatches (or former yankee swatches) and and repulsed to even look at them so I send them south to Joe. Here is what one messed up Jason Giambi/Richie Sexson double swatch gets you...

This card is fantastic as the bat swatch is not only huge, but there are some well defined texture to it that this crummy image does no justice to. Believe it or not, this is my first Millar card. Its like the guy never existed. I always have like Millar for his sense of humor and the ability to pull a team together. Its great to add him to my Sox, and someday soon I will do a retrospective of my favorite team ever, the 2004 Boston Red Sox. There were also a couple other cards, A Varitek, A Youkilis UD first edition (classic) and a Papi Starquest card (I am doing this from memory).

I have received a few other packages that I would like to get to, but really need my scanner and a little extra time to do so, so it will have to wait for the moment. Off to the beach! Catch ya in a few days!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment