Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pack #7, Heritage Wrap-Up!

Well, I made it to the end of the week and successful ripped on pack a day and had a reasonable amount of fun doing so. it's actually pretty amazing, I had less to do, and yet still found plenty of ways to fall behind on my blogging, trading, shipping, sleeping this week. I am going to repeat the pack a day rip for next week, but stopped off at the old cranky man's card shop yesterday and went down a different road. Stay tuned to my next post to see what I picked out. In the meantime, here is the rip...
Jonathan Papelbon. Honestly I think this is probably one of my least favorite Papelbon cards. Just has a little to much "Mr Ed" going on in this shot for some reason.

Jason Kendall - Owns the record for most HBP's for a catcher. Went to the Craig Biggio school of "taking one for the team".
Team cards! I like these. Wish I had pulled the Red Sox but instead got the hard-luck Orioles and the eternally cursed Cubbies.


I don't know if this is technically a rookie card for Ellsbury since he only played 33 games in 2007. Included in those 33, however, were fantastic World Series games that convinced me to peg him as the World Series MVP. Mikey Lowell took that honor, but I suspect it was only because they did not want to give the trophy to a rookie (Pedroia) or a non-rookie (Ellsbury).
On the other end of that 4-0 beatdown was Willy Taveras.


Bill Hall and Justin Upton Short Prints

So there are my seven packs. I ended up with several short prints, but only one shiny little chrome refractor. I ended up with a few Red Sox and many Yankees. Not a bad week of rips, but next week I am going to try something a bit different. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment