Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bowman Swaree!

On the way home from work yesterday I decided to drop into ol' cranky's hobby shop for a couple of reasons. One is that I was doing some recon on junk wax for Joe's man cave, and secondly I have been having a little luck with some single-pack pulls lately and thought that I would see what packs were floating around. Cranky was unusually un-cranky, and I suspect that had a lot to do with the massive profit he was making off of Bowman that week. 189 bucks for a Jumbo! I am crazy enough to buy something like that, but I am still stinging a bit from the Triple-Threads birthday debacle and though better of it...

I did however decide to jump into the Bowman Swaree and grab a few (6 packs or 1 column to be exact) Bowman packs from a freshly opened hobby box. One auto per box. Which column did I grab? That's a secret. Turns out that the luck continues...I did indeed pull the autograph from the box, Daniel Hudson chrome 1st Year auto.



Not super huge, but I love pulling auto's from single pack purchases, it makes you feel like you beat the system.

A couple packs later came Strasburg.


Yeah yeah, its just the base card, but this is about as close to the hype as I am probably going to get, and it DOES have is autograph, plus I love the ink color this year and he has a nice auto, so this is a very nice card even though it will not fetch me mega-millions on eBay!

I also got my 9 chrome cards out of the pack, so another binder page is complete!

In other news:

Dumb and Dumber - I typically don't question a lot of the decision-making that goes on in baseball, but last night I witnessed one of the most egregious (copywrite Colin Cowherd) decisions in recent memory. With Minnesota holding a slight 4-3 lead in the 7th innings, Minnesota chose to intentionally walk Mark Texeira to GET TO Alex Rodriguez....DUMB.
"This is Gardenhire...send in the gas can".

Okay, so Minnesota was struggling with Teix, so let's hedge our bets against A-Rod instead. Okay. But hey, let's put in a pitcher who is A-Rod is a career 5-8 with 4 HR's! DUMBER "The Gas Can, AKA Matt Guerrier"

The result? A AAAAAAAAA-Bomb, from AAAAAAAAAA-Rod. A grand slam A-Bomb as well. Smoooooooth. Ron Gardenhire, this Bud's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment