Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jacoby's Treasure Chest

Friday's are always fun because it gives me the opportunity to dip into the treasure chest and pull out some random cards from Jacoby's collection. Here are this week's randoms...
2009 SP Authentic Ricky Romero Letterman. Okay, so this was not exactly a RANDOM pull, I have a few autos that are way thicker than the other cards in the box, and I had to pick one out of there eventually. The pick of the thick cards WAS random though. And this time around it is Romero. I have spoken about Ricky before with some of his other cards, so I won't go into the reasons why I like him again, but I do find it interesting that card is an "H" which is clearly not in the name ROMERO. Yeah, so it spells out SP AUTHENTIC or something and is a big yellow letter. Kind of a stretch for the collection, but I like it all the same since it was my first one of these.

Clay Buchholz 2008 Moments and Milestones. I obtained this from a trade way back in the beginnnig a year ago. This was one of my first autos and a very nice design as well. I really do hope Clay gets his shot this year, but something screams "trade bargaining chip" to me. I really hope that is not the case.


Matt LaPorta. This one came out of my one box of SP Authentic, which was the forbidden product to buy single packs of. Christmas money turned into my own box of the stuff, and this was my regular autograph hit. I have never followed the Indians too much, especially since all of their pitchers have been plucked away to other teams, but to my understanding, LaPorta has made a pretty good name for himself with the team, so he's worth keeping an eye on.

That's it for now! Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. There was a Kouzmanoff letter patch auto at the show for $6... seemed high, but I wish I'd gotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could he fit his entire autograph on the letter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helps that he basically signs his name "K.Kff". It was pretty cool looking, but as usual, I was swayed by quantity over quality.

    ReplyDelete