Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Subset talk

So I thought that this might be a good idea to open up a discussion forum on the subsets of the Topps 2009 Series 1 and 2 sets. One realization that I have come to in just the couple weeks that I have been doing this, is that it is going to be pretty impossible to collect them all. Economically speaking it is just not a realistic goal. But from what I know so far, here are my thoughts.

Turkey Red - I really like the look of these and figure that after my base set is complete, this will be my next gathering challenge. Apparently there are 50 per series, so I definitely have my work cut out for me.

Career Legends - I also like the look of these quite a bit. Felt good to pull a Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth, although I am fairly certain everybody has them, but they look nice. I will try to complete this as well.


Legends of the game - I am on the fence here, I kind of like these, but also kind of don't. I might use these for trade value.

WBC cards - Definitely not interested in these. Have a few, but if you want them, just holler...

Ring of Honor - Again on the fence, but these don't really interest me much either. After my next couple of hobby boxes, I will see how close I am and maybe try to complete it, but it is definitely not a priority.
Gold Cards - Okay, these are pretty cool, but what are the chances of getting an entire set of these? Maybe these have better value as individuals? Don't know, but there is no way I can collect all of them, so most likely these are on the trade block as well.

So what are your thought? What sets do you enjoy/are seeking out? What types of strategies do you use to decide what to collect and what to trade or sell? The floor is open...

No comments:

Post a Comment